For groups of 3 or more. Learn how to surf with a small group of students and a lifeguard at Kahalu’u Beach Park. Hawaii lifeguard Surf Instructors are Trained and Certified by the American Red Cross. 2-4 students per lifeguard ratio.
please call or email directly for large group reservations (8 max per class limit)
Student Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided by HLSI.
Upgrade Available: Semi-Private Duo
Just for 2: Upgrade your lesson to a Semi-Private Class and get a Private Surf Instructor just for two for +$20!
- Lifeguard Surf Instructor
- 45 minute classroom surf school @ HLSI HQ
- 1 Hour surf school water time @ Kahalu’u Bay
- Surf Board and Leash
- Rash Guard/ Water Shirt and Water Shoes Rental
- *Car Keys While Surfing & Beach Bags Can Be Stored By Instructor For Safe Keeping At Beach Park
THINGS TO BRING
- Sunscreen- reef safe please
- Swim Clothes (please arrive dressed in swim attire by check in time)
- Swim Shirt- free rental available)
- Water Shoes- free rental available)
Minimum 2 persons required for group admission rate. Ages 11 and Older Only.
Individuals wanting to join please contact us for available classes or select Private 1-on-1 surf class.
Surfers under age must select a PRIVATE CHILD SURFING LESSON
Maximum weight limit 265 lbs. Students over weight restriction must select: PRIVATE SURF for equipment upgrade and 1-on-1 supervision.
Ideal surf viewing area is available at Kahalu’u Beach Park for spectators to enjoy. Kahalu’u is also ideal for swimming, picnicking and snorkeling.
Safety & Health Disclosure: All Students must be able to swim, follow basic English instruction and participate in strenuous physical activity. Please disclose any major past injuries/ surgeries or medical illnesses. Parents/Guardians not surfing must remain on location to accompany their minor children.Those persons with any ailments are advised to please select a private surfing course so that our Lifeguards are able to best service your special needs.
Student(s) Transportation from Check In Location to Surfing Location is NOT provided by HLSI.