- Our private surfing lessons are a great option for those who want to quickly take their surfing to the next level.
- Throughout the surf lesson, your surf instructor will walk you through important safety tips and give you all the tools needed to catch the ride of your life.
Option 1: Campus Point (Goleta)
- When choosing our Campus Point location for your surfing lesson, you will be meeting at parking lot #6, located just up the road from Campus Point beach. In order to get there, take the 101 North and get off at the UC Santa Barbara exit (right after Patterson Ave). Enter UC Santa Barbara and go around the round-a-bout getting off at Lagoon Rd.
- Then take Lagoon Rd till you get to the parking lot on your left. Park and then buy a $5 2-hour parking pass ($4 on weekends) putting it on your dashboard. If it is a weekday, make sure you park at the green stars in between the green arrows of the “Coastal Access” signs. Your instructor(s) will be waiting in the parking lot, where we can get our wetsuits on and walk down to the beach together.
Option 2: Leadbetter Beach (Santa Barbara)
- If you are located in central Santa Barbara, Leadbetter Beach is a great option for your surf lesson. In order to get to Leadbetter, get off the 101 Freeway at the Castillo off ramp. After you get off the freeway, turn towards the beach and drive two blocks. When you get to Cabrillo Blvd, make a right on Shoreline Drive and drive approximately 1 mile, going up a slight hill alongside the beach. After you go up the hill, make a left into your first parking lot at Shoreline Park (across the street from 1214 Shoreline Dr). ***It is important to note that the meeting point is NOT the official Leadbetter Beach pay parking lot next to Shoreline Cafe.
Option 3: Mondos Beach (south of Santa Barbara)
- Regardless of where you are located, Mondos Beach is one of the areas most consistent and beginner friendly beaches. In order to get to Mondos, leave Santa Barbara driving south on the 101 for 20 minutes. Then get off at Seacliff off ramp and take a right at the stop sign, driving along the frontage road for 5 minutes. Once you pass Faria Campground, you will see Mondos beach about 1 mile down the road. Look for our black and white signs along the road.
What to Bring